Simple Renaming Panel is a small and handy tool to rename more objects at the same. The tool includes basic functionalities like adding suffixes, prefixes, search and replace, add suffixes depending on the object type and more.
This tool can be a real everyday helper as renaming more objects is needed very often. This tool is kept simple to be user friendly. Nether the less there is still a lot of room to improve it. Feedback is highly welcome.
Download and Installation
You can download the Simple Renaming Panel here.
Like any other Add on, you can simply install it by going to File > User Preferences > Add-ons and click at the button Install from File . In the new opened window choose the .zip file of the addon and press Install from file .
The Simple Renaming Panel should now appear in your Add-ons Window to simply activate it.
The Addon uses the Blender Addon Updater. Activate “Autocheck for Updates” and the Addon will search for new updates. You won’t need to install newer versions of it manually.
Simple Renaming Panel
- All / Selected: you can easily choose if the renaming operations should be applied to all objects or just to selected.
- Search and Replace: A key feature for every renaming panel
- Add prefix/suffix: very basic, yet powerful operation
- Numerate Digits: Defines how many digits will be used for the numerate operation. (four digits = 0001, one digit = 1)
- Numerate: Numerates the objects
- Trim length: A value of 4, means that the last for character get deleted when using Trim end of sting
- Trim end of string: deletes the last characters of the objectnames
- Data: Keeping the object data names clear and organized can be really painful in blender, this button simply renames the data according to the objects and adds a specified suffix.
- Geometry: adds suffixes to all meshes
- Material: adds suffixes to all materials
- Empty: adds suffixes to all empties
- Curve: adds suffixes to all curves
- Armature: adds suffixes to all armatures objects (the way it works is not perfectly and will be changed)
- Group: adds suffixes to all groups
- Lattice: adds suffixes to all lattices
- Data: adds suffixes to all data Objects